Sunday, October 14, 2007
My Grade Five Class
That's right; MY grade five class. I only see these twenty four students, their teacher and their educational assistant two days each week but they are MY class. I take my responsibility to facilitate their learning and growth very seriously. It will never be cliche to state that parents and guardians entrust their children to educators and it will never be cliche for teachers to believe that they can make the world a better place but we can only help make the world a better place if we take our responsibilities seriously and ensure we have the knowledge and skills to help children learn. The immense workload at Brock, unbelievable as it sounds, it not nearly enough to make us great educators. If all we did was complete the assignments and do the readings, we would not be good teachers. Pre-service programs stress critical reflection and I try to spend an hour every day reflecting on my teaching knowledge, skills and experiences. With extreme effort I may complete the year and enter a career next year as just an OK but inexperienced teacher. After a couple of years, maybe I`ll be a good teacher and after five or ten years, maybe even a great teacher. For now, I will try hard to be a great student. Great teachers never stop learning; from current research, other educators, parents and just as importantly, from the children they teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Strawberry Fields, Central Park, NYC.
Imagine all the people living life in peace...Imagine all the people sharing all the world. You may say that I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you will join us and the world will live as one.
About Me
- Mr. Corvo
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 comment:
Hey Paul:
You disappeared from the net. I want to hear about all the cool stuff "you have hidden in your pocket":
Ana K.
(aka MayaTheBee)
Post a Comment